BBA (E-Commerce) Programme Overview
E-Commerce degree focuses on the technology and online business practices of a company. It is an automatic information system to conduct business on the Internet. E-business majors will gain a comprehensive understanding of creating, funding, and managing Internet businesses. Candidate will learn how to write business plans, buy and sell goods or services online and collaborate with marketing and business partners to ensure profitable input and output. The duration of the BBA (E-Commerce) course is three years and it is career orienting in nature that opens many job options for the candidates after its completion.
The students will get BBA in E-Commerce Degree from ASBM University after successful completion of three years of study.
- Designed on semester pattern
- Case based innovative teaching pedagogy
- Experienced faculty from industry, profession and academics
- Finishing school for employability
- Continuous evaluation pattern
- Live projects and industry internship
- Coaching for Management Aptitude Tests like CAT, XAT etc
- Institute owned transportation facilities
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls inside the campus
- Arrangement for CAT/MAT and CA coaching in the campus, provided minimum viable number of students register for it. The normal fee structure of the Institute does not include this facility.
- Special coaching to the students staying in the Institute’s hostels. The coaching classes will be held after the normal class hours. No extra fee will be charged for it.
MBA COURSE STRUCTURE:
Core courses –
- INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
- QUANTITATIVE TECHNIQUES FOR MANAGEMENT
- BASIC FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
- MANAGEMENT THEORY AND PRACTICE
- COST AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
- COMPUTER FOR MANAGEMENT (INCLUDING PRACTICAL)
- KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
- BUSINESS AND CORPORATE LAW
- BUSINESS ETHICS AND CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
- IT APPLICATIONS IN BUSINESS
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- MANAGEMENT OF ITES
- PRODUCTION AND OPERATION MANAGEMENT
- ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR
- E RETAILING
- ADVERTISEMENT AND SALES PROMOTION
- MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM AND DSS (INCLUDING PRACTICAL)
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLEGENCE IN MANAGEMENT
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND SMALL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- DIGITAL MARKETING
- DISSERTATION AND VIVA-VOCE
The programme consists of 27 Theory Papers of 2500 Marks. In addition to the theory papers, the students will also undertake and present Dissertation of 100 Marks during the three years of study.
Further, there will be around 40 hrs. of classes for each 100 marks paper in a Semester. A student has to attend a minimum of 75% of classes in a Semester to be permitted to appear at Semester examinations.
During the 6th semester, each student will be required to prepare a Dissertation on any topic/ problem of his/her interest under the guidance of a faculty member. The Dissertation shall be evaluated for 70 marks and leaving 30 Marks for viva voce examination of the 6th semester (i.e. 70% for report and 30% for viva).
The Finishing School of ASBM University aims at improving the overall personality, attitude, behaviour and communication skill of the students. It offers Power Packed Personality Grooming Modules (3 PGM) consisting of a unique blend of courses like Functional English, Language Skill, Professional Skills for Managers, English for Occupational Purpose and Current Affairs.
The objective of the training programme is to bring about personality development with regard to the different behavioural dimensions that have far-reaching significance in the direction of personal, social and organizational effectiveness. The course is aptly called “Finishing School” as it gives a finishing touch to the personality enriching and making the content knowledge useful by adding feathers of communication. This course helps the students to be smart and industry-ready professionals.
The Finishing school modules comprise of the following components:Module – I:Basic Grammar through Communicative Language Teaching
The module aims at transacting basic grammar through communicative approach.Module –II: Functional English
The module enables the students to interact effortlessly with academic contents like Listening, Reading and Speaking. It also aims at developing their basic language proficiency to carry out the required language functions in English in real life contexts.Module –III: Writing Skills
The module aims at helping the students to understand and apply the conventions of writing in English Language.Module – IV: Nurturing Professional Skills
The module carries an objective of developing strong practical orientation in communication and behavioral skills.Module – V: Career Development Skills
The module aims at assisting the participants to have a fresh exposure to business ethics to develop personal qualities related to gaining and sustaining future career growth.
Module – VI: Language Lab Exposure
The module makes perfect use of effective language learning process.
ADVANCED ENGLISH LANGUAGE LAB
The Finishing School is supported by an advanced language laboratory with audio-visual installation that helps the students improve their communication skill. It motivates the students to talk freely and develops listening and speaking skills, since they hear correct pronunciation through their headphones. This set up fosters more interactive session between students and teacher and brings variety in the teaching-learning process instead of boring verbal centered teaching. Moreover, it follows a student-centered approach as the students can learn the lessons at their own pace, thus making the learning process more user friendly.