ASBM Centre for Social Responsibility was set up in August 2005 under the auspices of ASBM Trust as a constituent of Asian School of Business Management. ASBM Trust aims at setting high standards for human resource in the country through selective educational intervention imparting high quality management education. The trust has the mission to shape the future of the youth through quality education and holistic personality development. It intends to focus on high standard value based education that will add a meaning to life with a realistic approach. It aims to provide assistance for creating awareness of various social, moral and economic issues affecting the country.This centre will initiate activities to sensitise the students towards their social responsibility through community participation and development of unorganized sectors.
A society where individuals, groups, communities and business interests interact with each other with responsibility for one another. An individual is simultaneously attached with the state, market and civil society. Every business should ask itself whether it is producing a socially valuable good that would enhance the customers quality of life. A subtle balance between business profitability and social responsibility has to be struck.
The Centre seeks to:
- Disseminate information and the research findings through publications, seminars, conferences, workshops and lectures.
- Undertake consultancy for both national and international agencies in the field of corporate social responsibility (CSR) policies, practices and programmes, labour management and development support organizations.
- Network with similar institutions, both in India and abroad in furtherance of the objectives of the Centre to realize the goals of the ASBM Trust.
- Retain a focus on the dimension of social responsibility with regard to all stakeholders in business management as well as corporate governance.
- Conduct training programmes on responsible business and promote capacity building of civil society organizations.
- Promote collaboration between government, private industry and civil society in the area of corporate social responsibility.
- To promote harmony and the spirit of common brotherhood amongst all the people of India transcending religious, linguistic and regional or sectional diversities
- To promote leadership by identifying and nurturing people to play roles where they can take responsibility for themselves and others.
- Play a central role in making citizens aware of their rights and responsibilities and prepare citizens to exercise those rights and undertake those responsibilities
Prof. Haradhan Das
Center For Social Responsibility
Asian School of Business Management
Shiksha Vihar, Chandaka,