Two year full time residential programme
MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management is a 2-year postgraduate course, open to students of any stream. The course can be pursued after successful completion of graduation from a recognized university, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%. MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management focuses on managing the entire process of developing a link between manufacturing unit and the consumers. This course is helpful in providing the learners an in-depth knowledge about the logistics and the supply chain functions.
- Global Accreditation by ACBSP, USA
- Domain & sectoral focused specialisations
- Option of dual or single specialisation
- IIM model choice based credit system
- Case based innovative teaching pedagogy
- Finishing school for employability
- Summer project
- Research / Live projects
- Course of independent study
- Excellent hostel facility
- Consistently excellent placement since inception
International Immersion Programme at Singapore :
A special Certification Programme at Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) is organised for one week to give international exposure to the students. It also includes industry visit at Singapore. On completion of the programme the participating students are awarded certificate by MDIS. Interested students will have to pay extra charges for this programme.
MBA-LSCM COURSE STRUCTURE:
Core courses –
- BEHAVIOUR AT WORK
- MANAGERIAL COMMUNICATION
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
- MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS
- MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- QT FOR MANAGERS
- STRUCTURE & PROCESSES IN ORGANISATION
- LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- INDIAN ECONOMY & POLICIES
- MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- RESEARCH METHODS
- OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- COST & MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
- BUSINESS ETHICS & CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- WORLD BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
- STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
- LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
- SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- INVENTORY MANAGEMENT & CONTROL
- MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
- PURCHASE MANAGEMENT
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- STORES MANAGEMENT
- BUSINESS ANALYTICS
- OPERATIONS STRATEGY
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYTICS
- SERVICE OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS
- IT IN LOGISTICS & SUPPLY CHAIN
- WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING
- COURSE OF INDEPENDENT STUDY
A student will undergo minimum 1020 hours of course work during the two-year programme. The courses have been classified into credits. A four-credit course has 20 classroom sessions of 90 minutes each (i.e., 30 hours) and 40 hours of off-class room work/activity for the student, while a two-credit course has 10 classroom sessions (i.e., 15 hours) with 20 hours of off-class room work.
The programme consists of 74 credits of core or compulsory courses and 48 credits of courses related to Logistics and Supply Chain Management. A student will undergo Summer Internship Project (SIP) and Course of Independent Study (CIS) and submit dissertation(s).
After the second semester, the students are required to undertake internship for eight weeks in any organisation to relate their classroom learning to the ground realities of industry. This is intended to sharpen their knowledge and hone their skills, and develop better appreciation of the practical problems of business organizations, especially from the management point of view. The experience, thus gained, also helps the students in planning their future professional career
The ASBM Finishing School, a unique venture of ASBM, offers the Power Packed Personality and Placement Grooming Module (4 PGM) to build the foundation for a fulfilling life. Its personality development courses, based on psychometric assessment of the participants, instill a sense of confidence and thereby motivate the students to surge ahead. Training in soft skills fine-tunes their attitudes, values and beliefs, and leads to a holistic personality development so that ultimately the students can stand apart in a crowd.
- Minimum 50% in Graduation (45% for SC & ST).Final year students can also apply.
- Qualifying Exams: CAT/XAT/ CMAT/ MAT/ GMAT with valid score
- Based on the performance in qualifying exam, past academic performance, work experience and performance in Group Discussion and Personal Interview the candidates will be short listed.